"Dreams and goals evolve when obstacles dissolve." -Kellen
In reflecting on my 2015 dreams and goals, be it on my personal, career, or relationship paths, I’ve realized the importance of dissolution when embarking on new adventures.
Dissolution is not about giving up. It’s about letting go. It’s about loosening the grip of my tightly clenched hands on the steering wheel of my oft stubborn and daft determination of self-will.
Dissolution is about removing obstacles. Quite often I am my biggest obstacle.
Dissolving old ways of thinking and being creates space for new opportunities, relationships, and experiences to manifest in the very best way.
Here’s a little practice in dissolution:
1. After sunset, sit in a quiet, secluded, and star spangled or candlelit spot. Acknowledge how setting new year’s dreams and goals is often a leap in the dark. This helps chase away the fear and doubt goblins.
2. On paper, write things that are creating clutter, doubt, fear, procrastination, worry, and angst in your mind, as it relates to your dreams and goals for 2015. This could even be old professional or personal relationships that have been causing creative traffic jams or repeated road kill on your path to happiness and success.
3. Take the paper and burn it. In a disco inferno fire ceremony of a chiminea, fireplace or steel bucket. As you watch the paper burn, notice how the fire dissolves the paper. Yep, the old stuff disappears! Keep watching the fire, and know that you possess similar powers of transformation in the form of your courage, intelligence, and creativity.
4. Bless the space where you create your blog articles, paintings, graphic design, yoga routines, poems, songs, books, knitted scarves, etc.. I like using Smudge Spray Ceremonial Blend by Earth Home. It’s a rose water based spritz of essential oils infused with a quartz crystal.
5. Create, hone or adjust any 2015 dreams and goals based on the new space you’ve created.
A dissolution ritual helps remove any old baggage (physical, mental, emotional) that prevent one from creating and manifesting life’s dreams and goals…with clarity, ease, and joy.
Check out my events page for the monthly New Moon Dreamscape Gatherings! They help stoke the creative muse within. The transformative practices of yoga, Ayurveda, breath, guided meditation, and creative art prepare and equip one for the adventure of creating dreams and goals.
Happy dissolving and resolving!